Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Super Duper Basic Beginner Talk
 Hague Linker

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HopkinGreen Posted - 05/13/2013 : 3:54:38 PM
I didn't know what category to put this. It's not strictly a beginner question per se.

So I have a LK 150. It works fairly well, though I really want to get a machine with a ribber and I was looking at bulky machines because I have a lot of bulky weight yarns. (So I was trying to decide between the Brother KH 270 and the Silver Reed LK 155).

Anyway - while looking at what people had to say about their knitting machines, I stumbled across someone who had a Hague Linker and I was completely in love with this machine. One of my biggest problems is that I'll make all the pieces of a garment - but then the whole project just sits there. I'm terrible at finishing. I'm slow and I don't enjoy it. But having a great linker along with a knitting machine sounds like a fantastic combination.

This was the linker I was interested in:

http://www.haguedirect.co.uk/acatalog/hague_d280e_electric_linker.html

They won't sell to the US directly and it has to be purchased from their US distributor:

http://www.knitknackshop.com/machines.html

Now the US distributor's website claims that the Hague Linker "Links all thicknesses, types and textures of knitting."

But I read somewhere else that the one I'm interested in only works well for standard gauge knitted material or about 10 sts per inch (while their finer gauge linker is for fabric that is about 12 sts per inch). And someone else who has the linker told me that the one I wanted to buy was only good for standard gauge knitted material.

So now I'm confused! Does it work for "all thicknesses, types and textures of knitting" - or is it only good for finer gauges?

Does anyone here have a Hague Linker and can offer any opinions? I really want to make sure I know what I'm doing before purchasing a machine that costs almost a thousand dollars!

And if the Hague Linker isn't okay for worsted weight or slightly thicker (like whatever would come off of a bulky machine) - what *would* be a great linker for bulkier knits - or am I on my own for any finishing on bulky stuff? (yeah - I know - it's bulky, it should be fewer stitches, etc. - but I stink at finishing, no matter what the gauge.)

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe