Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Worst Project Nightmare
 Almost finished but will have to frog

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Grand-moogi Posted - 12/04/2012 : 07:38:22 AM
I am knitting something for my daughter for her birthday which is today,
I cast off but there were a couple of threads sticking up on top of the cast off row. I thought they were spliced so instead of just stitching them in I thought I would do the right thing and tink the last 20 stitches and fix the splice.
The yarn is dreadful. It is so limp that it falls apart. So far the hole has gone down three inches and is about 6 inches wide. Every time I try to pick up a stitch, others just fall undone. Not only that, it is not a clean undone. Little fibres get caught everywhere, my hands are rough and the fibres are getting caught on them, the needles constantly fall out of the yarn and clang on the floor. I gave up using a circular because the yarn kept getting caught on the joins.
I will try to pick up stitches and redo the collar but it may seriously have to be completely frogged because picking up stitches is almost a total impossibility. Sad about her birthday pressie.

I knit a hug into every stitch
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
zknit08 Posted - 12/26/2012 : 3:33:30 PM
I would have given up :)! Grand-moogi, you deserve that name indeed!!
EmEm Posted - 12/16/2012 : 7:37:13 PM
Congrats Grand-moogi, I hoped you would find a way!
robinstephanie Posted - 12/14/2012 : 10:05:22 AM
Oh, yeah, that shrug does have some intense shaping.

I looked up the book on Ravelry, it has some really pretty patterns. I like the Passyunk and the the Haviland. Thanks for sharing the name, and good luck finishing up!! I hope we hear when you successfully bind off.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Grand-moogi Posted - 12/14/2012 : 12:53:53 AM
I so wanted to give it to her for her birthday but I really needed her help. Part of it is eyesight. Seeing the little wisps of yarn, even with glasses was becoming difficult. I knew I could not do it without help and she is the one who is the best helper so I ended up showing her on the morning of her birthday. She thought it was beautiful and was very sympathetic. She managed to pick up a whole line about six inches down from the cast off and I am now knitting again. The stitch count is a bit off but there are so many increases and decreases in the shaping that I would be amazed if I had got it all right. I am going to have to fudge it but it will never be noticeable because of the yarn which is Moda Vera Lucente 87% nylon and 13% polyester. The thing I am knitting is the shrug from Knitting Plus by Lisa Shroyer.

I knit a hug into every stitch
robinstephanie Posted - 12/13/2012 : 09:51:13 AM
Hooray! Yes, with the nickname Moogi I suspected she had some sneaky/resourceful characteristics. Glad you two were able to pull this out of the fire!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
emmyc Posted - 12/13/2012 : 04:42:16 AM
Yay!

emmyc
winchester ma
Ceil Posted - 12/12/2012 : 7:36:45 PM
WOW!!!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
Relliurad Posted - 12/12/2012 : 05:49:29 AM
It's all good! We managed to pick up the stitches and Moogi is knitting away again.
I am so amazed that she managed to do this without me realising she was knitting something for me. SHe's a sneaky one! But she has done an amazing job and it's all so beautiful. I can't wait to wear it.

Daughter of the infamous Grand-Moogi
Ceil Posted - 12/04/2012 : 9:25:32 PM
My heart aches for you. That's a sad reason to frog.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
EmEm Posted - 12/04/2012 : 9:10:34 PM
Grand-moogi, I am so sorry. Isn't there any other way to finish it?
jtamsn Posted - 12/04/2012 : 5:37:53 PM
That is a shame. all that work....
judy
Ditzy Girl Posted - 12/04/2012 : 08:47:31 AM
Sorry. What yarn is it?

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?