Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 square knitting needles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
suseli Posted - 09/22/2011 : 09:05:29 AM
I have been using square knitting needles from Kollage; I love them but am having trouble with the finish wearing off. I am not a tight knitter so I don't think that's the problem...anyone else having this problem? Don't want to give these up as I can knit so much longer with these without my hands getting sore so any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
suseli Posted - 09/22/2011 : 5:22:50 PM
Right after posting this inquiry, I contacted Kollage directly and received a very prompt response. First they offered to replace the needles immediately which I thought was great. Then he went on to say that if it happens more than once, they tend to think that the knitter's skin is having a reaction to the finish which may cause the finish to wear off. As I have been having problems with acidity in my system, I am wondering if the acid in my system is affecting the needle finish.
And yes, it does affect my knitting because I can feel the areas where it is wearing off and it drives me nuts. The more it wears off, the rougher it gets. I got desperate and took a nail buffer to the end of the needle to smooth it out enough so I can finish what I have started since I didn't want to change needles in the middle of what I am working on. I will finish this and then put these away until the acid issue is resolved and then try again. I really like these needles...they are great.
ikkivan Posted - 09/22/2011 : 2:10:04 PM
Suseli, is the fact that the finish is wearing off affecting your knitting? I have some of the Kollage square needles but haven't used any of them enough to notice that happening. I do have some really old colored aluminum needles with some of the finish worn off, but it hasn't changed how they "knit."

If it does matter, then I'd contact the company about it. Good luck!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe